It is gonna be a beautiful 70 degree night at Yankee stadium. Both pitchers are southpaws and were susceptible to long balls last season. Nestor Cortes allowed 14 homers in 93 innings and Yusei Kikuchi allowed 27 homers in 157 innings. I can not wait for this game, and I have to get in on the action.
Despite the home run stats, I will stick with a total bases bet tonight. Teoscar Hernandez is a guy I immediately look to when the Jays are facing a lefty. He destroyed lefties last season:
- Righties: .273 average/ 37 extra base hits in 421 at bats
- Lefties: .372 average/ 24 extra base hits in 129 at bats
He is also one of the few Blue Jays players that had more success away from home:
- Home: .277 average/ 23 extra base hits in 282 at bats
- Away: .317 average/ 38 extra base hits in 268 at bats
To add to intrigue of this play, Hernandez was stronger in night games vs days games:
- Day: .292 average/ 23 extra base hits in 202 at bats
- Night: .299 average/ 38 extra base hits in 348 at bats
Teoscar checks every box tonight and for good measure, he is 2/5 with a double vs Nestor Cortes. There is alot to like about Hernandez tonight, and I am thrilled to grab this at plus odds.