Off to a good start with these points parlays last night. Why not run it back?
$FML’s NHL Points Parlay - 10/12
Tuevo Teravainen over 0.5 Points (-154) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
- Columbus surrendered 3.58 goals per game last season (5th most)
- On the road, that average rose to 3.83 (3rd most)
- Tonight, the Blue Jackets’ starting goalie is OUT with an illness
- This makes the Carolina Hurricanes offense a prime target for Points Props
- And of the choices for a point, I see the best value in Teravainen
- He’s an elite playmaker in a 1st line role playing next to superstar Sebastian Aho
- Teravainen’s also a staple on Carolina’s 1st Power Play unit
- He recorded at least 1 point in 70% of his home games last season
- All things considered, I expected at least -200 odds for this bet tonight
- Which translates to roughly +6.7% edge at this -154 price
Alex Ovechkin over 0.5 Points (-194) vs. Boston Bruins
- Normally I avoid targeting Points Props against Boston, a good defensive team.
- However, their injury situation supports an exception here:
- Brad Marchand: OUT till at least Nov. 29 (hip)
- Charlie McAvoy: OUT till at least Dec. 1 (shoulder)
- Matt Grzelcyk: OUT till at least Oct. 25 (shoulder)
- This leaves the Bruins vulnerable without two starting Defenseman and their best Forward. It’s a deep group, but those are significant losses at a time when the team is also adjusting to a new head coach.
- I smell blood in the water and am willing to bet all-time great Alexander Ovechkin does too. He also happens to be sensational in opening games.
- See how he performed in his last 5 Home Openers:
Shots. Goal. Assist. You name it… Probably a good bet. In spirit of safety for our parlay, I prefer the Point prop, which could cash with either with a goal or assist.
I got +150 odds for the pair at Caesars Sportsbook & wagered to win 1.5 units (risk 1u)